Pages

02 July 2010

Day 6 Feature: Vintage Princess Accessories


Meet Vintage Princess Accessories
“Vintage Princess” (2010) Elizabeth Kane ©
Vintage Princess Accessories is run by Laura, all on her own just outside of Durham, in the North East of England. She makes accessories from rings and necklaces to hair and brooches.I've not found a an item made by Laura I havent fallen in love with yet!!!
How beautiful is this ring!
Laura graduated from university last year and has been crafting more and more since then! She started out making a few pieces of clothing for herself and some jewellery and then fell in love with it all.

Laura is a real girly girl which I think comes across in her beautiful creations!
'Anyone who knows me knows I'm ultra girly and a sucker for anything pink, flowery, sparkily and just generally beautiful and gorgeous, so my works are more themed than based on an individual's style'
Laura has only had her business up and running for a month now but has proved to be a hit with facebook fans!
 

Have you always been creative and had creative jobs?
'I've always been creative, I've always loved drawing and art and making pretty things! At school I was always drawing and painting doing GCSE and A-level art, then I did a degree in History of Art and I'm now working towards jobs in art galleries. I've also worked in clothes shops which was amazing as you got to style people and put outfits together- and also dress the windows and mannequins which was sooo much fun! Making and reworking pieces of clothing or jewellery has always been something I've loved to do- knowing you are wearing something unique, that no-one else in the world has is very exciting! '

Laura shows real passion for her items and loves making custom pieces, she has been comissioned to make a necklace for a customers wedding! When I asked Laura about this she said 'Its such a magical thing to be asked and for her to be wearing it on such a special day makes me practically giddy with excitement!'

So what are Laura's big dreams for her small business?
'I plan to have my own website as soon as possible. To have my works stocked in shops is also something I'd love to look into and there are currently two in the pipeline already... But just generally I want to make more and more pieces. I want the collection to expand and to add even more pieces that people will love'

I hope you all love Lauras items as much as I do and I wish you the best of luck with your business Laura!
Facebook profile (VintagePrincess Laura)- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001163910523 
Facebook page (Vintage Princess Accessories)- http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001163910523#!/pages/Vintage-Princess-Accessories/134512006566227?ref=ts 
Folksy shop site- www.folksy.com/shops/VintagePrincess

No comments:

Post a Comment